I’ve left it far too long. I’ve been writing mainstream stuff for other people in order to make a good living for the family and totally forgotten about my dirty side. Erotic fiction is where my true talent is, and this is why I’m introducing you to a new piece I’ve been working on.
The Notorious Mr. Trouser Snake is a witty and sexy story set in the late Victorian period. It follows a young lawyer (and part time detective), with an enormous cock, on his journey to solve the murder of a young man. It’s not great on plot, but there are plenty of laughs in there and a lot of erotic fiction.
There is a Facebook page for the book, so I’d appreciate it if you could “like it” (that’s the thing these days for some reason). I only expect you to like it if you like my erotic fiction.
Next week I’ll post a little of the book to give you an idea where it’s going. It’s very near completion, but I don’t want to get carried away and fuck up the ending, if you know what I mean. This is a problem for many erotic fiction writers, and I am one of them. Endings are not a strong point!
Well, in my opinion (and i do know something about this), a good erotic story needs several things.
- It needs to be erotic to start with. There are too many sex stories out there that simply don’t get erotic enough. Erotic doesn’t mean pornographic either (although all my free erotic fiction is), it means that it should stimulate you sexually, and not always by using graphic, sexually explicit language. Sometimes just the flash of an eye, or the brushing of a hand against naked skin is very erotic; it depends on the reader.
- Which brings me onto the next point. The reader should be considerd. You need to try and engage with as many readers as you can, even when you are writing niche material. Don’t close off a certain group to your BDSM story because ther will always be erotic readers who are just curious.
- Have believable characters. Too many sex stories cut straight to the fucking and never introduce a character in any way. Now, i don’t mean describe what they look like, but at least have them doing something believable or aspiring to something; people find characters like normal people much more erotic.
- Be dirty! In my experience, you need to be pretty dirty when it comes to the sex. Sex is a dirty business and it should be celebrated with dirty, animalistic sex in your story. Legs do not open like petals in the spring time people, they get pushed apart and caught on things. Panties do not automatically vanish, they get ripped off or pulled to the side don’t they? Be real and be dirty.
- Don’t go on about one thing, move the story forward. Even in an erotic story the pace is important, and if it doesn’t make someone smile, horny, or move the story along then it doesn’t need to be there.
Have fun with your writing, that’s the most important thing. If you want any other tips feel free to contact me on email@example.com, and please feel free to send small samples of your work if you want; i like to read what’s being produced these days.
Firstly let me tell you that i am not a great fan of D. H. Lawrence. I have him on this site merely to show how i like his ideas. His flowery language, although very much a product of his era, is not something i champion in any genre, never mind erotica… Continue reading